his yummy dip can be eaten with
any type of cut-up fruit. This month try it with apples, next month try it with pears.
You can change the color of the dip by adding different fruits. Try frozen cherries,
strawberries, or raspberries for pink, blueberries for blue, peaches for yellow, or fresh
kiwi for green (you might need to add extra honey with the kiwi).
You will need:
- Measuring spoons
- A measuring cup
- A blender or food processor
- An apple wedger or a knife
- 6 ounces Horizon Organic fat-free plain
- 3 ounces Azumaya soft silken tofu (in the produce department)
- 1 tablespoon Barkman's honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Big Valley frozen cherries, or other fruit
depending on which color you want the dip
- 5 Gala apples, or any apples you like, washed
Add the container of yogurt to the blender, break up the tofu
and drop it in. Measure in 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and
1/2 cup fruit.
Cover the blender and blend until everything is smooth
and there are no chunks left.
Pour into a container with a cover and refrigerate for at
least 1 hour, until it is cold.
When you're ready to eat the fruit dip, wash the apples
and use an apple wedger to cut the apples into pieces, or have an adult help you
cut the apples into 8 slices each. Figure 1 apple per person.
Each ¼-cup dip with 1 apple contains:||