ven kids need to eat four servings of fruit a day. This fruit-based dip is a great way to boost fruit intake and get your kids to try new things. This recipe has a little protein from the cottage cheese in addition to all of the antioxidants and fiber from the fruit. Any fruit can be used for dipping-let your children choose what fruits they would like to dip. Make sure the banana is very ripe or else the dip won't be sweet enough.
You will need:
A soup spoon ♦ A 1/2-cup measuring cup ♦ A blender ♦ A bowl ♦ A plate
- 1/2 cup Wyman's frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic cottage cheese
- 1/2 very ripe organic banana
- 1/2 cup Wyman's frozen blueberries
- - fresh strawberries, apple slices, or other
favorite fruits for dipping
* Children should be supervised by an adult.
- Let the frozen strawberries and blueberries stand on the counter for 15-20 minutes so they soften a bit.
- Use the spoon to scoop frozen strawberries into the measuring cup. Put the strawberries into the blender
- Use the spoon to measure cottage cheese into the measuring cup. Pour the cottage cheese into the blender.
- Peel the banana and break off half. Break the half into 3 pieces and put them into the blender.
- Rinse off the spoon and use it to scoop frozen blueberries into the measuring cup. Put them into the blender.
- Cover the blender and turn it on. Use the chop setting if you have one or try different buttons until you see that everything is getting blended together and turning purple. Stop the blender and take off the lid. Use the spoon to mix everything and scrape down the sides. Put the cover back on and blend again until everything is purple and smooth.
- Pour the dip into a bowl and put washed fresh strawberries and apple slices on a plate. Dip the fruit into the dip before you eat it.
Each 1/2-cup serving contains:||