ense, sweet, spicy, moist and chewy all at once, this quick bread makes an easy and delicious Autumn dessert.
- 3 cups plus 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Mashed Pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2/3 cup Stout Beer
– Preheat oven to 350?F.
– Spray baker's "no-stick" into two 9"x5" loaf pans.
– Cream sugar and oil together.
– Add eggs and pumpkin and beat well to incorporate.
– Sift into a bowl the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and spices.
– Alternate adding flour mixture and stout into the "wet" ingredients, beating well after each addition.
– Pour into pans and bake for 1.5 hours or until the tops are golden brown and spring back lightly to the touch.
– A skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
– Allow the loaves to cool for 10 minutes before depanning.
Serve with lemon curd or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe courtesy Peter Sheppard