uts and dried fruit are an important part of the heart-healthy Mediterranean Diet. Every one of the ingredients in this tasty snack mix may help to either lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol and triglycerides or raise HDL ("good") cholesterol. Since nuts and dried fruit are concentrated sources of calories, be sure to stick to just one serving a day of this trail mix to help control your weight while you improve your cholesterol. I like to take this mix to work and enjoy it as a satisfying snack. As a reminder, if you have nuts and dried fruit in your emergency supply kit, you can use them to make this recipe and replenish your kit with a new supply that will last for another year or so.
- 1 1/4 cups Seapoint Farms dry roasted lightly salted edamame
- 1 4-ounce bag Flanigan Farms chopped walnuts (about 1 cup)
- 1 2.5-ounce bag Flanigan Farms whole almonds (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 2-ounce bag Flanigan Farms shelled pistachios (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 packed cup Newman?s Own organic raisins
Measure all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir well. Use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to measure level portions into 14 individual snack size zipper bags.
|Each 1/4 cup serving contains: |