stir-fry is one of my weeknight go-to recipes.
It is simple to throw together and it cooks quickly. The best part
about it is that my kids love it! Fresh, fiber-rich asparagus,
mushrooms, cabbage, and onions come ready to be cooked in this Produce
Department blend. I serve this with my Sesame
Sugar Snap Peas and Edamame (see recipe card). You can also include
some brown rice if you want to add a high fiber whole
grain to your meal. I like Rice Expressions frozen organic whole grain
brown rice. Our meat cutters can prepare the chicken
for you by trimming the skin and fat and slicing it for stir-fry.
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Napa Valley organic sesame oil
- 5 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and thinly sliced for stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons San-J tamari lite 50% less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman plain rice vinegar (not the seasoned kind)
- 2 packages Harvest Asparagus Saut?
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Busy Bee honey
- Heat olive and sesame oils over medium heat in a large skillet that can be covered. Add chicken pieces and cook about
90 seconds on both sides. While chicken is cooking, combine the soy sauce with the vinegar in a small cup. Stir in asparagus
vegetable blend and pour soy sauce and vinegar over mixture. Season with pepper and mix well. Cover tightly and cook
until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked all the way through, about five minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, for
one more minute.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl. Stir honey into remaining sauce and cook
about one more minute to thicken sauce slightly. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and serve.
Each 2-cup serving contains: