Serves: 6 Servings (Serving Size: ? cup)
- 8 white or new red potatoes
- 3 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- ? each a medium red and green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, for serving
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and cut potatoes into ? inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, preferably cast iron. Add the onion and red and green peppers and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the potatoes and press into an even layer in the skillet. Cook over moderate heat until potatoes are browned and crispy on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip over potatoes and repeat on the other side. Do not over stir them or they will break apart. Season with salt and pepper.