his nutritious and satisfying sandwich can be eaten at home for breakfast or lunch and can travel to school (or work) as part of a brown bag lunch. The strawberries add texture to the sandwich, which makes it even more fun to eat.
You will need:
a measuring spoon
- 2 slices Rudi?s Organic 100% whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons Maisie Jane?s smooth almond butter, stirred up
- 1 tablespoon Fiordifutta organic strawberry fruit spread
- 4 small strawberries (preferably organic), washed and dried
* Children should be supervised by an adult.
Place the bread on a flat surface. Measure out two tablespoons of almond butter onto one slice of bread. Use a knife to spread it.
Measure out 1 tablespoon of jam onto the other slice of bread and spread it around with the knife.
Use the other knife to cut the green tops off the strawberries. Turn the strawberries upside down so they are on the flat part. Cut them in half from the tip to the cut top. Arrange the strawberries in one layer on the almond butter. Place the jam side of the bread on top of the strawberries. Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy.
Each sandwich contains: